[Shop-talk] Plasma cutters

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Plasma cutters
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 11:56:35 -0500
OK,  I'm looking to buy a "thumb" for my back hoe.  While it is expensive
to buy,  I realized that this is an easy piece to make, failing one
thing...  I don't have a good way to cut heavy steel. (1/4" plate or
better)

I don't know much about plasma cutters, but I'm willing to learn.  With
the cost of this thumb, I could justify getting a good cutter and making
my own.

What do you need for a cutter besides the torch?  Are they hard to learn?
Any special skills I need?

I'm just gathering information at this time.  So I'm looking for any and
all suggestions on buying one and what I need to do to learn it.

Thanks.

Moose
Waldo Emerson

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums