Re: [Shop-talk] pc to hdtv hookup (in the shop)

To: "'shop-talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] pc to hdtv hookup (in the shop)
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 20:41:16 -0800
Monoprice rocks.  They have a great reputation in the AV circles as being a
source of excellent equipment and good prices.  I use them extensively for
LAN and networking products and learned about them from an AV/Networking
forum.

I buy for Dealextreme also and respect them as a vendor, but not for good
quality audio gear.  Some of their stuff is good and some is junk.  It's
kind of like Harbor Freight.  I have not found anyone who can beat Monoprice
for consistent quality and price.

John - Was the cable used to connect the computer to the TV a standard
monitor cable, HDMI or DVI?  HDMI carries audio and video.  DVI and the
Sub-D (standard monitor cable) only video.  DVI is a plug with lots of pins,
and one wide horizontal pin on one end, whereas HDMI, kind of looks like a
USB with truncated corners on one long side.  Adding the 3.5 mm plug for
sound is what you need.

Jack