Re: [Shop-talk] pc to hdtv hookup (in the shop)

To: "'john niolon'" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>, "'shop-talk'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] pc to hdtv hookup (in the shop)
From: <shop-talk2@mcfetridge.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 15:22:26 -0500
Hi John,

This was befuddling to me when I first connected my PC to my HDTV.

Here's how I think you have it setup:
PC:
Video output:  RGB 15 pin output (no sound)
Audio output:  headphone jack

HDTV:
Video input:  RGB 15 pin input
Audio input:  ??  On my setup, I use a RadioShack headphone to RCA plug
converter and plug into my stereo.

My first challenge was to turn on the audio output for the headphone jack --
test that with headphones until I had it working.  Also, note the volume on
the PC should be about 75% to generate enough voltage without clipping the
signal.

My second challenge was that I wanted surround sound and my stereo only had
RCA jacks, so I need that headphone to RCA stereo converter.

Home this helps,
Ian

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums