[Shop-talk] does somebody still make belt driven grinding wheel

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] does somebody still make belt driven grinding wheel
From: Richard George <rkg@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 09:37:18 -0700
Hi,

I am looking at building a rotating boom arm, and realized that the core
of the assembly is basically what you get with a belt driven grinding
wheel arbor
(shaft with a couple of pillow block bearings and a nifty mounting
system).   If I could find one of these, I can mount up a rotary table
to one
side, a flange to mount the boom to on the other, and be done.   The
trouble is that I can't seem to find anybody that makes/sells these
anymore.  I can
find 'em used, but figured a new one might work out better as I wouldn't
have to replace the bearings, etc.

Does anybody have a link to a manufacturer/vendor of these?  Failing
that, how about a magic search term that would bring them up?

Or are they really a thing of the past in this OSHA driven world? :-/

Thanks in advance,

rkg
(Richard George)

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums