Re: [Shop-talk] Construction opinion poll

To: "'Jim Franklin'" <jamesf@groupwbench.org>, "'shop-talk List'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Construction opinion poll
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 14:36:46 -0700
> And the first
> thing she says after
> sliding it into the nook, "Why are there gaps? I wanted a
> built-in."  It never
> occurred to me that anyone would build a non-square cabinet.

Incomplete specification, IMO.  If she wanted "period correct", she should
have said so.

> Shelves wouldn't
> adjust, things would slide down the gaps behind them, etc.

"Period correct" would mean fixed shelves cut to fit, which pretty much
solves those problems.

> Nothing is
> square, there are no studs where there should be, etc.

Could always be worse.  Many of the walls in my parent's house are solid
brick, 12-15" thick.

Randall

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums