Re: [Shop-talk] Construction opinion poll

To: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Construction opinion poll
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 21:44:59 -0700
Jim - I would not build it crooked unless it was a dark closet that I
just needed quick and cheap.

If other people will see it, the insides of the uprights should be
square and parallel.  The easy way would be to build it square, shim it,
and cover the gaps with molding.

The best looking way, which you didn't mention, would be to make a frame
a little wide then scribe it to fit snuggly without needing molding
along the sides.  I'd still expect molding along the floor and ceiling.

Brian