Re: [Shop-talk] battery operated soldering irons

To: Ron Schmittou <rs1121@earthlink.net>, 'shop-talk'
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] battery operated soldering irons
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 19:13:13 -0400
Well, the difference is one carbon and two hydrogen atoms.

Propane is C3H8
Butane is C4H10

That would be the chemist's answer, anyway.  In fact, they add butane
to propane when they make LPG (liquid propane gas).  And I'm not sure
if the butane they sell for lighters (and soldering irons) is really
a mixture as well.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums