Re: [Shop-talk] battery operated soldering irons

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] battery operated soldering irons
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:28:26 -0700
  I have a butane soldering iron, works GREAT.  I got it for when out on
the water in my boat, also came with  a flat tip for cutting line (rope)
and melting it at the same time so it does not unravel.

  I bought mine at West Marine, its called a hot knife but it really is
a soldering iron first.  Quite a bit more expensive than a Butane
Soldering Iron at Radio Shack, they have 2 of them, one at $15 and one
at $22 (I paid $50something for mine but its really nice quality stuff).

  I think it would work better than batteries.

     mike

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums