Re: [Shop-talk] battery operated soldering irons

To: john niolon <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] battery operated soldering irons
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 17:14:51 -0500
One question to ask before which iron to buy, is what type of solder you
plan on using. The new lead free solder requires a higher temperature, I
use an 800 deg. Iron. For lead/tin solder you can do fine with a 700
deg. iron. I have a 35 Watt iron in my portable tool box that worked
fine for lead/tin, but didn't hack it with the lead free solder.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake john niolon, On 6/18/2010 12:28 PM: