Re: [Shop-talk] locked out of my garage

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] locked out of my garage
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 12:34:18 -0400
On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com> wrote:

> > If I cut the knob off the access door, will I be able to
> > unlock and open the
> > door or should I just call a locksmith to unlock it.
>
> With the cheap locks I've seen, that should be enough.  But even if not,
> the
> lock body will just be soft "pot metal", so it's easy to drill once the
> (relatively) hard skin of the knob is out of the way.

Assuming all the tools aren't in the garage....

(When I was in college, the trunk on my car got stuck closed.  It was a
defective latch  design, that allowed something to get stuck in it and block
the latch from moving.  Solution was "remove back seat.  remove stuff from
trunk, free latch. Fail to figure out how to properly put back seat in."
which was made very complicated that every tool I owned was in the trunk.)

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums