Re: [Shop-talk] locked out of my garage

To: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] locked out of my garage
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 11:30:42 -0500
Oops, I forgot to send this to the list.

---------------------------

Cutting  the knob off would get you access to the strike inside the
door. If you have access to a slide hammer, screw it into the lock
cylinder and pull it. You may need to run a drill bit into the key slot
to make it large enough for the screw. Slide hammers can be picked up at
some auto parts houses for free on loan. Either way you will need to
replace the lock set.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake David Scheidt, On 5/15/2010 9:26 AM:
> I seem to have lost all the keys to my detached garage.
>

> If I cut the knob off the access door, will I be able to unlock and
> open the
> door or should I just call a locksmith to unlock it.
>
> It is a cheap MasterLock externial door knob.
>
> Rich White St. Joseph, IL USA
> '63 TR3B TCF587L
> That ain't a scrap pile, that is my car!

Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001
www.hornesystemstx.com

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums