Re: [Shop-talk] Mice infestation

To: Todd Walke <racertod@racertodd.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mice infestation
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 16:49:45 -0700
On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 04:36:36PM -0700, Todd Walke wrote:

>       What eventually ended my infestation was some bait stations and Contrac
> poison from Do Your Own Pest Control (www.doyourownpestcontrol.com).  I
> dislike having to empty traps, I prefer poison so they can go off and
> die somewhere without me having to deal with the dead bodies.

The problem with poison is that the poison also poisons anything that
eats the sick rodent.

I want to encourage the local predators, not kill them or make them sick.
Not to mention that I have an indoor/outdoor cat who likes to kill
and eat rodents.  I want her to keep that up.

Poison is a pretty gruesome way to die.  I want to get rid of
the rodents, not make them suffer.  It's not their fault that I put
a nice warm dry space right where they can use it.

I don't mind getting rid of the bodies.  It's a reminder that I'm
taking a life, even if it's just a rodent.

Eric

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums