Re: [Shop-talk] Air solenoid valve

To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air solenoid valve
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 06:00:22 -0800
> I walk to other side of main shop and flip on another switch
> [for light
> over roll-up doors] and then I rotate the ball-shut-off/on

I've seen your shop, Ed, it's much nicer than mine.  Of course it's just a
hobby for me, so that's appropriate.

My previous compressor was inside my 'shop' (actually just a 2.5 car garage)
and I got thoroughly tired of the racket it made while running.  The new one
was also considerably larger, no way would it fit under the bench where the
old one was, and floor space is at a premium with all the other equipment I
have jammed in there.  No room to put it outdoors nearby, so it's somewhat
remotely located on the other side of the house, outside the master bedroom.
And since I live in an earthquake zone, it's bolted to the wall.

Now imagine the reaction of SWMBO when it decides to cycle at 3 AM, and
perhaps you'll see why I'm willing to work on a method of automatically
shutting it off.

Randall