Re: [Shop-talk] Air solenoid valve

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air solenoid valve
From: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 18:31:04 -0800
Randall wrote:
> Another thought might be to wire it in through the light switch, along with
> a contactor to enable the compressor.  I've got the contactor installed, but
> haven't run the line to the garage switches yet.

        Good idea.  I'll have to think about that, too.

> Anyone know why this valve
> http://www.mcmaster.com/#solenoid-valves/=61ozha
> wouldn't be suitable?

        I missed those when I looked at the MMC catalog.  Sometimes the catalog
has so much stuff in it you miss what you're looking for.  It looks like
one of them should work, assuming the coil is up to being energized for
8-10 hours at a time.  The "low amp draw" model would probably heat up
the least, at least in theory.