Re: [Shop-talk] Toyota Pedal Brouhaha

To: "Team shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Toyota Pedal Brouhaha
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 09:35:13 -0600
Has anybody thought about the potential of the self serving interest of our
government regarding the Toyota recall.  With our governments financial
stake in GM is there perhaps mis-guided opportunity to discredit a
competitor.  I am in agreement that Toyota has issues but I have a problem
"letting the monkeys guard the bananas".  Of course if not the government
then who?

I have an 07 GMC that has a multitude of problems that seemingly can't be
fixed.  A potential fire hazard in the washer fluid heater was fixed by
removing the fuse!  The loose drivers seat needs new tracks but it is
seemingly impossible to get the parts.  Power steering pump sounds like it
is about to blow and there have been reports that it just might.  Where is
the DOT on a GM problem?  All of this and more before 30,000 miles.

Mark
Nashville