Re: [Shop-talk] Drop-in tub install question

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Drop-in tub install question
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:07:18 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 17 Jan 2010, Jim Franklin wrote:
> Could it be a whirlpool-motor vibration transmission prevention tactic?

    Possibly, since they do make a whirlpool version of the same tub.

Also Ben writes...
> My guess is they don't want create stress points that could cause
> cracks.  If the floor is uneven the tub might eventually conform to the
> floor and the high points would be under
> stress and crack.  Just a guess.....

    This makes sense... except that step 2 is to make sure the floor is
level.  Obviously, it's a complete waste of time to level the floor if
nothing is going to be touching it... which gets to my real concern with
these installations notes.  I'm pretty sure whoever wrote them has no idea
what they're talking about.  ( The top of the stringers are supposed to 13
5/8" off the floor... or 18 3/4", depending on whether you trust the spec
document or the install doc. )

--
  David Hillman