Re: [Shop-talk] Mustan oil level

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mustan oil level
From: Michael Porter <mdporter@dfn.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 14:39:14 -0700
Bob Spidell wrote:
> Anyway, my question is why does Ford not want owners adding any oil unless
>the level is below the bottom hole--why shouldn't I keep the oil topped up?

Because Ford doesn't want warranty claims on seals that weep oil due to
overfilling.  This is as much psychology as engineering.  Most people,
seeing that the oil level is down, will put in a quart, because that's
how oil is sold.  They don't want to add a little, recheck, add a little
more, recheck, and then have a half-full container of oil being kicked
around in the car.

Cheers.

--

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....