Re: [Shop-talk] Options for carport floor?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Options for carport floor?
From: Steve Shipley <shiples@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 08:50:57 -0800
At 10:33 PM 12/9/2009 -0500, Steven Trovato wrote:
>By permeable pavers do you mean those waffle like things with grass
>growing through them?  Most of the ones I see are just dead grass
>holders.  Plan to park there every day?  Grass doesn't really like the
>under-car environment.

I used these for my driveway and I like them because it makes it possible
to park on a lawn.  To keep them looking good you need to take good care of
the grass.

What ruins the look is to leave a car parked in the driveway.  Or a coolant
leak.

My driveway looks good when my daily driver is parked there overnight and
the grass is kept up.  What ruins it is drought and project cars left for
more than a couple weeks.  Then you are faced with replanting 50 little 3x3
patches of grass.  I've had this stuff for 20 years and some years it has
lots of dead patches.  But you replant in spring and it looks great until
you abuse it.   It has a downside but I still prefer it over a concrete slab.