[Shop-talk] Options for carport floor?

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Options for carport floor?
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 11:45:16 -0500
The house I just rented has a covered and walled carport as a
"garage". I have permission to insulate/sheetrock/wire it to be usable
as a winter motorcycle repair facility for my neglected children. The
floor is a mix of earth and gravel, and much of the structure rests
right on the earth.

Are there any cheap and easy options for getting a harder and flatter
floor for something that will be infested with termites in a few
years? It needs to support a car during snowstorms. It's 600 square
feet so even cheap cast concrete pavers will be out of budget, which
is about 50 cents/sf. I'm not hoping for much...

thanks,
jim