Re: [Shop-talk] Micrometers

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Micrometers
From: "J. F. Juhas" <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 10:45:23 -0400
I have a book on precision measuring instruments that describes how
digital calipers work, and although I don't recall it clearly, I believe
it suggested this technology is simple and inexpensive and so most
bargain brands can be as good as the name brands.  I'll see if I can
locate the portion of the book and send it to you tonight.

At the risk of making Mark even more envious, the same retired-machinist
stash served up a Brown & Sharpe digital caliper.