Re: [Shop-talk] The building is finally done!

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] The building is finally done!
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 13:39:22 -0400
John asks...

>How long did it take to errect it?
It took about 3 full days of construction for the lion's share of the work.
(But I did have a few setbacks that lengthen it.)

>Also is the top covering one large sheet with three panels, or were they
seperate panels?
It is one cover, with the "translucent" center strip sewn in it. (Another
feature that REALLY makes their product stand out.  No lights are needed
during daytime.

>Then how are the front and rear panel attached to the main top covering?
The coverings aren't attached to each other.  The sides are attached to the
outer most rib, and the cover lays over it.

>It looks like there is extra top cover laying on the ground.  Do you cut
that off, or lay dirt over it?
I laid down tarps so the cover never touched the ground.  That is what you
are seeing.

>What do you have for a floor?  It looks like crush-n-run.
I paved a pad for the site.  The "crush-n-run" was the compacted base for
the asphalt.

>With all the pictures you took, I guess you were the official photographer
and everyone else worked. :)
Of course, I'm management!  8>)  (Did you like the "child labor" driving
the forklift?)

>Seriously, looks like a fun project to have worked on, and looks fantastic
when done.
It was a great learning experiance and lots of fun.  The end result gives
me a warm and fuzzy also.

Moose
bBe as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.b Ralph
Waldo Emerson