Re: [Shop-talk] Tirerack

To: "'Shop-Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tirerack
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 12:22:32 -0700
> What are your experiences with Tirerack?

Just to echo what others have said, they aren't always the cheapest by the
time all the costs are added; but do have a great selection.  I've never
tried to return tires to them, though, so can't speak to that aspect.

My local Wal-Mart had no objections to mounting and balancing 'my' TR3
tires; in fact they did it for free!  I doubt that is normal, but the guy
running the tire machine insisted that I didn't owe them anything.  Possibly
that was because I took him the bare rims (freshly painted and new stems
installed), so no 'disposal' fee or labor for doing the R&R.

But for my "LBC support vehicle", I buy from a local store that does free
flat repair.  Seems that, for the past few years, every tire I've owned has
picked up a nail or bolt at least once in it's life; and that store will do
the repair while I eat lunch next door.  The convenience is worth $10/tire,
to me.

-- Randall