Re: [Shop-talk] Dimmable CFLs at Home Depot

To: "shop-talk List" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dimmable CFLs at Home Depot
From: "Mullen, J T (IT)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 13:11:57 -0600
Randall wrote:

> Just a thought, could you put an adapter in the existing
> socket, and plug a standalone fluorescent fixture into
> it?  Mount it to the opener housing, a nearby joist, or
> even on chains hanging from the rafters.

Well, yea, that would work and even be logical.  But I'm trying to go
cheap and easy...

Actually, I never figured I'd be in the house for very long, so I never
got around to it.  15 years later, and I still haven't gotten around to
setting things up properly.

I did things right in my last house - wired lots of circuits in conduits
along the walls, extra circuits on the ceiling for the many
fluorescents, etc.  Then my project was canceled, my job disappeared,
and we moved about 6 months later.  Which helps to explain why I haven't
gotten around to doing thing right in the "new" house...

Tim Mullen

Chantilly, VA