Re: [Shop-talk] 110vac outlet question (update)

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 110vac outlet question (update)
From: Frank Vantacich <rustymetal@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 12:51:11 -0800 (PST)
This is what I metered this weekend:

At the subpanel in my barn, where the dilema exists,  the neutral and ground
bars are not attached to one another. Between the two hot legs I get 234vac.
The ground is a UFer, a piece of rebar in my foundation.  I meter 148vac
between ground and one of the hots and 88vac between ground and the other hot
leg.  I meter 119vac between each hot leg and neutral.

At the actual receptacle I meter 28vac between the large slot or neutral and
ground, and the same at the subpanel.

I would think I should see the same voltages between each hot leg and ground
and neutral?  Or another words the neutral and ground should be at the same
potential?

Frank V.
rustymetal@sbcglobal.net