Re: [Shop-talk] Dremel die grinder

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dremel die grinder
From: "scottmryan@netzero.net" <scottmryan@netzero.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 07:51:44 GMT
Richard Beels wrote:
>Variable speed & hand/screw-tightening of the collet are the 2 most
>important "features", IMO.  Cordless is a waste because the weight of
>the battery throws off the handling of the tool.

I agree the hand collets are nice/very important, however some of the battery
powered dremels are well balanced, and don't have the drag of the power cord
to cause the tool to rotate and break the cutting disks. (the one I like best
is a 5 cell (1000mah) dremel, no longer made, that has internal batteries. (I
have had to replace them 3 or 4 times, about every 4-5 years) had to modify
the charger for trickle charge. This one also has more torque/power than most
of the handheld ac models.)  Scott R