Re: [Shop-talk] 110vac outlet question (update)

To: rustymetal@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 110vac outlet question (update)
From: Pat <Pat@HorneSystemsTx.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 15:54:01 -0600
The ground is normally tied to the neutral only at the main panel, and
each building fed from the main panel is to have its own ground rod.
Sounds like there is no ground wire run back to your main panel. Is
there a 4th wire in the cable running to the main panel? If it is not
there, and it can be run, I'd add it. if not, I'd tie the neutral to the
ground in the barn sub panel. That would be safer than having the ground
and neutral totally isolated as they are now.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Frank Vantacich:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems (512) 797-7501
5026 FM 2001 Lockhart, TX 78644-4443