[Shop-talk] kid safety & outlets (was: 110vac outlet question)

To: "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] kid safety & outlets (was: 110vac outlet question)
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 15:10:18 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, Karl Vacek wrote:
> Don't know that this is the actual reason, but think about the danger of
> little kids sticking things into receptacles.  The hot is smaller and
> thus harder to stick something in and get a shock.

This reminds me...

I've seen plenty of stuff to block off access to an outlet to keep kids
from sticking stuff in them.

However, the thing I'd like to have would be something to prevent a child
from partially unpluging something that's already plugged in, then getting
their fingers onto the hot.

Does something like that exist for common 110vac outlets?

Mark