[Shop-talk] Remote Control Relay

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Remote Control Relay
From: <nogera2@att.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 12:13:18 -0600
I ran a second cable from the DVR in my home office to the guess bedroom
(where I like to nap) and hooked up a remote control relay which converts
the IR from the remote control to a radio signal which is sent to a recover
at the DVR and converts it back to a IR signal. It works so wonderfully that
my wife wanted me to do the same between the den DVR and the master bedroom
so she could watch her shows in either room. And now that's the problem.
Even though the two relays are different brands they are broadcasting on the
same frequency so if she uses the remote in the master bedroom the channel
changes in my home office.  What I need is to block the signal from her
transmitter to my receiver. We don't have the same problem with my
transmitter to her recover since it is further away. As luck would have it
the receivers  are in opposite ends of the house so if I could make the
receiver antennas directional it would solve the problem.
I tried aluminum foil and that didn't work. Any suggestions as to how to
make the antennas directional?

Bob Nogueira