Re: [Shop-talk] kid safety & outlets (was: 110vac outlet question)

To: "scottmryan@netzero.net" <scottmryan@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] kid safety & outlets (was: 110vac outlet question)
From: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:02:09 +0000
scottmryan@netzero.net wrote:
> I think my webmail does funny things with replies:Europe 220vac plugs (and
> british plugs too, I think) have plastic on the first 3/8" or so, you can't
> get shocked by partly pulling it out (or dropping a paper clip onto the
> exposed plug, like I did when I was small-oops!)Scott R
In UK there are plugs as at
*http://www.powerconnections.co.uk/rewireables_uk.htm

*In the pictures the live and neutral are the lower two pins. The
sleeving can be seen extending along the pin for the first 9mm. It
works, by the time the exposed part of the pin makes it out to the open
it is disconnected from the supply. Whether it would work on the thinner
US pins I don't know.

Nick Brearley