Re: [Shop-talk] Welding a cracked fan Blade

To: "scottmryan@netzero.net" <scottmryan@netzero.net>,
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Welding a cracked fan Blade
From: Brian C Kennedy <kennedybc@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 09:53:01 -0800
The two blade fan on my Model A broke and put a mighty dent in the hood and
bent it out of shape. I've heard people have been killed revving up the
engine when these fans break. Easy to believe from what I saw. I'd like to
keep the A original, but I like living better, so I replaced it with a
modern 4 blade that looks like crossed stampings. The two blade is an odd
construction. Hard to describe, but it does appear to be seam welded and
ground smooth.
Brian