Re: [Shop-talk] Welding a cracked fan Blade

To: FRED E THOMAS <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Welding a cracked fan Blade
From: James F Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 13:30:01 -0500
Not as far out of balance when I lost one of six blades.  I thought the
whole car was going to shake itself apart!

If carefully done, and ground smooth to finish, I would guess that the
balance would be close to original, and perhaps it could then be
balanced with the judicious removal of material from the heavy side,
like at the tips of the blades.

But then, all of this is why my fan remains in two parts as an art
object and conversation piece.  And MGA fans are not in short supply: my
junk box turned up three more, but now I'm afraid to use one.

--

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
james_f_juhas.vcf]