Re: [Shop-talk] xmas lights that don't suck?

To: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>, "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] xmas lights that don't suck?
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 19:00:12 +0000
> Get lights with C7 bulbs.  (or c7 led units.)  That's the big,
> actually screws in like a lightbulb, bulb.

Like a nite-lite bulb.  That's what I have for holiday lights on my porch.

Can you actually get LED units that screw into such a string (or nite-lite!)
without modification?  I have not seen these.

Time to go shopping.  The incandescents use 4 watts each and don't last forever.

62 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 07 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, 93 Suburban, 94 Miata C-package,
79 Caterham 7
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier