Re: [Shop-talk] xmas lights that don't suck?

To: "'shop-talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] xmas lights that don't suck?
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 09:57:30 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008, Randall wrote:

>> An led is a light emitting diode, so I think it will light
>> for one half of the cycle when AC is applied to it.
>
> The fact that only half of them go out would seem to support that theory.
>
> What I don't understand is why you want to pull out one lamp.  Those LEDs
> should be good for upwards of 50,000 hours, which is some 30 years if you
> run them for two months continuously each year.  By that time you can just
> throw the whole string away.

Its a test to see if I'm going to want to strangle Santa with them in a
year when I pull them out and the stupid thing doesn't light up.

:-)

I'd really like to get some lights where other than me cutting a wire,
power gets put to all the bulbs no matter what is going on with any
particular one.

Mark