Re: [Shop-talk] 6 volts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 6 volts
From: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 19:18:43 -0700
And yet another somewhat unrelated data point....

Back in the late '70s I had a '51 (or so) GMC half ton pickup.  6 volt
system, starter via a pedal on the floor.  Ignition switch was a toggle
on the dash.  Manual choke.  Pull the choke out, step on the starter
pedal, after it turned over once or twice, flip the toggle; started
right up.  It had an EIGHT volt battery in it, no other changes.  I
understand the regulator had been adjusted for enough output to keep it
charged.  Lights and everything else worked as normal.  The electrical
system was one of the few things on that truck I DIDN'T have problems
with.

Dave C