Re: [Shop-talk] 6 volts

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 6 volts
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 14:21:45 -0400
At 12:00 PM 9/2/2008, Skip Albright wrote:

 >I need to test  the engine on a 49 dodge. It has a 6v pos ground system.

Skip,

Welcome to the club.  I'm helping my dad work on his 40 Packard, it too is
a 6V pos. ground system.

While this doesn't answer you immediate question, you might want to think
about getting a copy of:

THE OFFICIAL 12 VOLT CONVERSION GUIDE  by Randy Rundle.

from someplace like:

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/2867,346_The-Official-12-Volt-Conversion-Guide.html

I don't know if we are going to convert dad's car, but I bought him the book
just in case.  Very informative book.

I have a 65 Morgan which is a 12V pos. ground car.

I keep thinking about changing both dad Packard and my Morgan from Pos.
ground to the more common negative ground.

As to the conversion from Pos to Neg ground, you might want to check out the
article:

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/negative-ground.shtml

John

Va. Beach, Va