Re: [Shop-talk] OT: Windows Vista

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] OT: Windows Vista
From: Phil Nase <bugi1960@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 12:26:25 -0400
While were talking computers; in Spring I made the leap from PC to
Mac.  Mostly it's been a positive experience.

I do run software called Parallels in order to simultaneously run
Windows XP on my Mac and join my workplace Windows network server.  I
have 2 gig of ram on the Macbook but in Parallels the machine is slow.

I've heard that Parallels is a memory hog.  Does anyone have any
experience using the newer Macbooks.  I can go from 2 to 4 gig ram but
I don't want to spend the money if it's not going to help my Windows
speeds.  The MAC OS is plenty fast enough for my needs.

Also, any recommendations on Mac memory brands.  The Apple memory is
very expensive IMO.  Thanks.

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa/