Re: [Shop-talk] How to remove surface rust over entire car?

To: "'Karl Vacek'" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>, "'David Scheidt'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] How to remove surface rust over entire car?
From: "Ben Zwissler" <bjzwissler@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 13:24:11 -0400
Agree with the approach below and would add that your local body shop will
have cleaners, conditioners and preps for bare metal.  I bought a TR4 body
tub that had been soda blasted and then left to sit for several years
(indoors).  I explained what I had and they sold me what I needed.  The
first one I applied smelled mostly like what I remembered phosphoric acid
smelled like. The price wasn't bad and I was sure I wouldn't use anything
incompatible with the paint.

Ben Zwissler
bjzwissler@comcast.net
Columbus, IN