Re: [Shop-talk] Electrical fire waiting to happen

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Electrical fire waiting to happen
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 22:49:23 -0400
On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 11:13 AM, Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com> wrote:
>> Are you saying that to switch off a breaker, an

> In fact, I just found out yesterday that one of the breakers marked "House
> Conv" handles the outlet for the refrigerator & microwave, but not the one
> right next to it.

Code for kitchens currently requires two separate 20 amp circuits for
small appliances.  It's considered good practice to make sure that
everything won't be plugged into just one of them; that's sometimes
done by alternating outlets.  It's a good practice to have the 'fridge
on a circuit of it's own; most places that doesn't need to be GFCI.
(The NEC changes substantially for kitchens in every revision, what's
required in your house depends a lot on when it was wired.)

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com