Re: [Shop-talk] Car suspension repair: Concern over heat effect on

To: <peteb@clear.net.nz>, "shop-talk List" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Car suspension repair: Concern over heat effect on
From: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 09:00:55 -0700
Pete,
Have you talked to anyone at a spring shop?  A decent spring shop can make
just about anything that you could want for minis to big rigs.  They should
also be able to re-temper the bar, and could certainly advise you as to how
to deal with your situation.  Since this appears to be a rather thorough
restoration of an unknown make vehicle, cost must be a secondary
consideration after correctness.  My limited experience with spring shops
here in Sacramento leads me to believe that they might be an affordable
solution.
Hal