Re: [Shop-talk] Car suspension repair: Concern over heat effect on

To: peteb@clear.net.nz
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Car suspension repair: Concern over heat effect on
From: Donald H Locker <dhlocker@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 08:03:04 -0400
I'd be fearful of the heat affecting the temper of the bar.  Especially if it
is
rare, I wouldn't do it.

A safer alternative would be using a filled epoxy (something like J.B.Weld)
applied instead of the braze.  A company named Devitt Machinery Company
<http://www.moglice.com/> makes products to rebuild machine ways (and other
applications,) and it seems to be quite functional.

Donald.