Re: [Shop-talk] water filter for blast cabinet

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] water filter for blast cabinet
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 18:58:47 -0400
You know, this filter also makes a pretty efficient CAPACITOR...
Apparently some of my water evaporated, and after running the thing a
while, it took in enough glass bead to absorb what little water was
left, leaving a very thick paste in the bottom. Soooo.... a LOT of
static was generated, and was  STORED by the filter/capacitor.

So after working for a while I decide check on the filter. I remove the
lid, reach in to remove the metal baffle plate, and WHAM! It knocks me
on my arse and causes a mild case of Tourette Syndrome...

I took a jumper cable and tried to discharge it. Drew SEVERAL large
discharges, even left it there for a bit. It still had plenty of juice.
I finally had to use a couple foot long wooden dowel with a hook to
dismantle it.

Yow!

Marc