Re: [Shop-talk] water filter for blast cabinet

To: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] water filter for blast cabinet
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 00:45:41 -0400
   Does  anyone actually use SAND? I have glass bead in my cabinet, and I
   wear a mask as well...
Marc

   Mark Andy wrote:

Howdy,

On Sun, 11 May 2008, Paul Mele wrote:

If there's SAND on that filter, and you aerosolize it, and breathe it,
you'll want to read up on silicosis.  A few times a year won't matter,
but daily blowing and cleaning will add up after about 10 years. Note
that this is much better than the numbers for ASBESTOS exposure, where
as little as 2 months of working in a brake shop, causes measurable,
symptomatic disease.

They still use asbestos in something?

Mark