Re: [Shop-talk] home plating kits

To: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] home plating kits
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 10:12:56 -0700
Problem with all these great solutions, is you can talk about the
intricacies of bearing clearances or piston to cylinder clearances or
valve timing to the nth degree to me, but talk to me about regulator
chips, anodes, cathodes or who knows what else and you are talking a
foreign language.  I know enough about the EastWood plating kit that I
hate its batteries although they have served me very well over the
years, I will pay for a Caswell one with someone else's design power
supply, push the button and plate.  Sometimes ignorance is bliss and
sometimes its expensive, this is one of those expensive times for me but
I have no interest in learning a foreign language at my age.

    Mike