Re: [Shop-talk] home plating kits

To: "'Karl Vacek'" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>, "'Shop Talk List'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] home plating kits
From: "Bill Gingerich" <bill@gingerich.us>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 21:34:46 -0500
There are several voltage regulator chips on the market that could be used
to reduce the voltage from 24 to 12 or almost any other voltage you need.
The biggest question is how much current does plating take?  You'll need a
regulator that can pass that much current.  I built a small regulator for
the gauges on my Triumph for about $10 in parts from Radio Shack.  The
schematic for the circuit was included with the regulator I used.

There are other solutions that are less hassle, but building stuff is fun
anyway.

Bill G
Newalla, OK