Re: [Shop-talk] car ramps

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] car ramps
From: "Mullen, Tim" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 15:16:04 -0500
John T. Blair

> Granted, my ramps are over 20 year old, maybe they and
> decreased the slope so the new cars can get up on them.

I sounds like you have the old style tall metal ramps.

The RhinoRamps are lower, and have a more gentle slope.  They are
specifically made to allow you to use them with cars with low clearance.

I once tried to use those old metal ramps about 30 years ago.  After one
try, I gave them away.  The RhinoRamps, however, work just fine.

As a matter of fact, my floor jack won't fit under my Miata.  I have to
drive it up on the RhinoRamps (or a stack of 2x6s) to get it high enough
to get my jack under it to lift it up for jack stands (for wheel work).
The RhinoRamps work just fine for oil changes however...

Here's a link to their web page: <http://www.rhinoramps.com/index.html>.

Tim Mullen