Re: [Shop-talk] "100% Genuine" automotive parts

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] "100% Genuine" automotive parts
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:55:45 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, PJ McGarvey wrote:
> Looking at some parts places for the new fender for a 2005 Subaru, and was
> wondering how I can judge the quality of the parts.

    Given the generally-shoddy quality of Subarus ( had two, won't be
repeating that mistake ), especially later models, I wouldn't want 100%
genuine Subaru anything.  More to the point, they're probably buying the
same cheap Chinese crap you're looking at.  At least you don't have a new
one with a hatch that's rusting.

--
  David Hillman