Re: [Shop-talk] saving a circuit board after flooding?

To: scott.hall@comcast.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] saving a circuit board after flooding?
From: BSHolden@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 18:26:15 EST
Suggestions/ideas for saving a wet electronic device:

_http://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Wet-Cell-Phone_
(http://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Wet-Cell-Phone)

Bart Holden
#9SM #43 FSP
In a message dated 2/3/2008 4:24:34 P.M. Central Standard Time,
scott.hall@comcast.net writes:

so it  appears someone left a multimeter at the new house at some point int
he last  few weeks.  I called everybody that was out here and none of them are
claiming it.  so I guess I've got a new multimeter.

but it was  left outside in the rain, and when I turned it over, water
literally flooded  out.  I took it apart, removed the old battery and cloudy
fuses
and  looked it over.  looks like a little corrosion and some whitish goo in
some places.

so...can I save it?  and any advice on how?   blast it with water repellent
or something?

thanks in  advance.

scott

48)