Re: [Shop-talk] saving a circuit board after flooding?

To: "scott.hall@comcast.net" <scott.hall@comcast.net>, shoptalk
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] saving a circuit board after flooding?
From: "Paul Parkanzky" <parkanzky@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 18:09:46 -0500
Does it look like it's worth saving?  Is it a Fluke or similar?  If
it's a cheapy, I'd just toss it.  If it's expensive, I'd spray
everything down with contact cleaner and let it dry a couple times,
replace the fuse, put a new battery in, and see what it does.

I had a friend that put his work pager through the wash.  He managed
to get it working again by just removing the battery and drying it out
thoroughly, but it died a month or two later.  Probably not a
coincidence...

-Paul