[Shop-talk] saving a circuit board after flooding?

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] saving a circuit board after flooding?
From: scott.hall@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 22:24:18 +0000
so it appears someone left a multimeter at the new house at some point int he
last few weeks.  I called everybody that was out here and none of them are
claiming it.  so I guess I've got a new multimeter.

but it was left outside in the rain, and when I turned it over, water literally
flooded out.  I took it apart, removed the old battery and cloudy fuses and
looked it over.  looks like a little corrosion and some whitish goo in some
places.

so...can I save it?  and any advice on how?  blast it with water repellent or
something?

thanks in advance.

scott