[Shop-talk] Yukon Denali fuel totalizer

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Yukon Denali fuel totalizer
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 21:19:25 -0600
We just bought a 2005 GMC Yukon XL Denali, to eventually replace our '93
Suburban.  It was a lease vehicle, turned in after 3 years of use.  It shows a
little over 37,000 miles, which sounds right for typical usage, and an average
lease.

Beautiful vehicle, every option, and far too many toys to have comprehended
them all before driving off with it.

Sitting in it tonight I found the fuel data display, which shows 14.9 average
MPG, and 5,008 total gallons of fuel used, which should equate to 75,000
miles, not the 37,000 it also shows.

Anyone have any experience with these systems in GM vehicles ?  I'll call a
dealer tomorrow, but meanwhile I'm worried that I got taken somehow in some
sort of odometer scheme, but with it all being electronic I thought that was
pretty difficult to do.  Or maybe the fuel totalizer is way off ??

Help - so I can get some sleep tonight !!

TIA
Karl